Sunday, September 13, 2009

Detroit Rock City!

Detroit Rock City(1999) Its rating on IMDB is 6.4/10. I rated it a 10. Here is why.

First off this movie was my first movie that i actually watched twice in a night. It was in 2000ish and I was at my dads house, it was so fun that it deserved to go back in the vcr. I bought it in 05, ive watched it on dvd about 30 times. Each time I love it more and more. Here is why

-Its a really original idea, and very well written. The character are all incredibly memorable. The archs of everyone is well pulled off. The music is amazing. The satire references are awesome(It battles high school, Disco, religious fanatics,and douchebags and them getting what they deserve..) The ending is also amazing, the relationships are amuzing but they do the job. The cameos are pretty rad now that i'm older and I can recognize the stars. The acting is pretty decent. The pacing is great, the comedy is well timed. The structure is easily visable(Call to adventure-getting tickets for the show-end of act 1 they get on the road-all is lost point-Everyone pretty much gets what they needed, but the climax they get there tickets. And go to the show. Resolution- they go to the show, jam catches a drum stick everyone is all hyped and such.)

I don't know why this movie has such a low rating, I have yet to find a person who disliked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment