Monday, November 16, 2009

Writing 3 features at once.

Wow... I'm currently at the busiest I have ever been writing wise yet it doesn't seem to feel like much.

I'm writing 3 features right now. All of which are first drafts. Here is a logline and the genre of all 3 of them.

Revolt(drama)-A young man starts doing graffiti after his fathers company runs out of business due to the big box stores moving in. He is guided by a former graffiti writer who tried to take them on years prior but gave up in the process.

Grand junction(comedy/drama) a 26 year old man goes through a divorce and looses his job days apart and decides to move back to his hometown to get his shit together but an old high school crush begins to rekindle. But once his ex wife starts to have feelings for him again he must decide between the girl of his dream or the whore that divorced him.

The Getaway Driver(thriller/action)in 1972 texas a getawat driver ditches a psychotic killer during a failed robbery and heads to mexico. But he is then perservered by the psychotic killer a dedicated police officer who is looking for the killer and a bounty hunter hired to find the money stolen from the bank.

Right now i'm fancying The Getaway driver because it can have such a great potential ending and the first 10 pages is so compact yet exciting(in my opinion). Revolt i started today and got up to page 7, I managed to do a beat sheet but I have the ending down and i think I'm going to just go with the flow of things since that worked well for the other two features. Grand junction is currently in hiatus because of my concetration on the other two. It sits at 19 pages.

I'll be blasting out the first 24 pages of Revolt over the next couple of days. That makes 3 pages a day. I hope to get up to the inciting incident by the end of tommorow. Now if this isn't a passion for writing then I don;t know what is..

No comments:

Post a Comment