Thursday, March 10, 2011

Moving to Vancouver

copy and pasted out of a conversation with a good friend of mine. This is my moving to vancouver tale, 5 months belated.

So i worked a summer back in alberta doing road construction. Dreadful stuff. But it got me enough money to pay off a lot of bills, get a car, a nice camera, and enough money to move back out here. So near the end of october is when i decided to go, And i was gonna get laid off because it was seasonal work, and then i could get ei and live for free! My foreman told me i could get off on the 15th of october.. But then I got sent to an asphalt crew, and I had to work until mid november. FUCK THAT SHIT. Luckily my old foreman vouched for me and I got off on the 16th.


First, I went to a road trip to saskatoon to visit my dad and hang out.I chilled there for a bit, it was fun. Went and seen Coheed and Cambria live. Which was a really awesome show. Went with a really good old friend too. But I had like 4 beers, and had to drive 2 and a half hours after the show to Regina to stay with my buddy for a few days. I was extremely sleepy, and I ended up swerving around on the road.. I ended up getting pulled over by the cops,but I explained my situation and they let me off with a warning. I stayed in Regina for 3 days, seen this Kim girl who was my text buddy for like 3 years.. she was my advice giver for a long time. but this was our first meeting since she was like 12, it was kinda hilarious. but it was a good time. I left regina to edmonton pretty late, and decided to drive all the way there in one show, and it was snowing hardcore, the first snow, My car has like shitty all season tires. So it was super sketch.
Inbetween battleford and lethbridge it was the worst. I was passing a semi at one point and i got in the other lane and starting swerving back and forth. i slid onto the shoulder and did a pretty impressive manuever to get back in formation. The rest of the drive to edmonton was pristine and gorgeous.

The next day me and my buddy Greg headed off to Vancouver.Now Greg, he's a hilarious guy to hang out with. He's down with anything. But after a long ass car ride with him, I sort of hate him... He's kinda arrogant, spoiled, always fuckin sick, and he can be a terrible person. He told me that if he got his girlfriend knocked up he was going to run to Vancouver and live with me. To which I responded "There is nothing lower in this society then that. " That was followed by an hour of uncomfortable silence. But we had fun times, we mooned truckers. Drove at like 170km outside of calgary. He was taking pictures of the mountains while driving, which scared the hell out of me. I warned him that everything i own is with me in this car, and he smartened up. We stopped in lake louise, it was pristine and gorgeous. Then stopped in sicamouse for gas and the punk ass kid took my id while i was there. We ended up in penticton to stay at gregs friends house when i realized, So we had to backtrack 3 hours to get it. Then we drove through kamloops, realized it was a lame ass city. And Kelowna is far more awwesome.

Then we arrived here And stayed at my friend dannys place. We extremely over stayed our welcome though. It was a small place and I was looking for a place to live, and settled on my cureent address. But for the last 2 days of october I had to stay in a Hostel. Which was actually a really fun experience, went to a canucks game. Chilled with australians. Drank 4 nights in a row then was too exhausted to party on halloween. Instead watched all the drunken action from my hostel window. Then I moved into this house... Hung out, was a lazy basterd. Got my car towed on the third day, 90$ to get it out.That's my moving back to vancouver story. Like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment