Monday, October 19, 2009

Grand junction

Decided to start another screenplay since i'll have some spare time for the next couple days. I plan to get the first act done and read for the cold read. Adam owes me a reading damnit! But I got the idea on the weekend, how, I don't really remember. But its going to be a comedy with a relationship involved. But today I got a monster boost of writing energy after the sketch cold read and I wrote up the first 7 pages which are looking pretty swell.

But the schedule looks like i'm going to have to write up to page 25 by next monday in order to hit that cold read. So here is the sampler of the story.

-A young man reaches a midlife crises a little to early after he gets fired and his wife divorces him.. With no options left he goes to start over back in his hometown were he meets old enemies, old friends, and old lovers.

So far i'm closing in on the divorce, plan on the call back home to be the inciting incident. He wil deny, but he will then get fired and lose his house and destroy his car. then head back to good old Grand Junction.

Personally I felt it was difficult to write Challenging the Illusion because it is such a personal subject and not a lot of people understand it and I hated talking about it because of the follow up questions. But I think this comedy thing will be a whole different story. And plus I get to create a more believable story and the characters I formed for the woman aren't cardboard cut outs but normal and authentic sounding people. Except for the wife who will be a total whore/bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment