Sunday, March 21, 2010

To make a Film, Or to not make a film

I'm moving back to grande Prairie the day after I graduate. My reasoning, free rent, free food, I miss my cat, and while basking in free rent and food I can concentrate on saving money and paying off my credit card, grandpa and start on paying off my schooling. I'm praying to god that I can get a decent paying full time job within the week I get back. This means i'm gonna have to dedicate myself to searching in a city that is in a bit of a job slump... But anyways, if the job thing works out then I'll be straight working all summer. Except for Warped tour, which will be placed in md august in Edmonton. I'll probably stay 2-3 days extra to enjoy E-Town and hang out with ol Gregolas.

So anyways, once September comes I've decided to make a plan for the year of 2011. Now here is my idea
1.-Stay in Grande Prairie, Rustle some friends together and work on a feature film that I have laid out over the winter. While doing so i'll work part time and try and master the art of directing with the help of some established friends.(I'm also considering Acting in this feature idea..)
2.Move back to Vancouver and get a 1 bedroom apartment or basement suite. Work full time in an industry that I find fitting(I really wanna get into the Courier business. I would also settle for anything relating to movies.) I would be writting scripts and work on my directing abilities. Get a cat and gather a savings that will go towards a possible quest to L.A once the time and funds come together.
3. Start doing crack after failing as a writer. Manage to make a business out of crack. Sell it, make it... End up getting arrested or raped by coke dealers who claim the city as their turf.
4.Move to Banff and become a lift jockey.
5.Consider becoming a travelling graffiti artist living off gambling winnings.
6.Sell a kidney in order to merry a woman to impress her father so I could get a job at his factory...

1 comment:

  1. Heeey Cody... just start making some shorts. Get familiar with the audiovisual language. Good luck on whatever you decide to do!

    PS: Forget about the crack and kidney businesses. Not good. Cheers, brother!

    ReplyDelete