Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SpongeBob Squarepants

Today, in tv spec class, i came to the realization that my idea for my spongebob squarepants episode was missing a crutial step. So I watched a couple dozen episodes, originally I, and probably 90% of the population thought this show was completely random and retarded. But every episode has a deep message behind it, most of which are relative to all ages. My spec episodes had these messages in them. But i was missing the essential retardation fillers. While in the class I was unclear of the dynamics of a spongebo episode worked. But now I think i should straighten it out. It starts out with the main character wanting something, the rest of the episode is striving to get it.(Prime example is an episode when spongebob takes the wrong bus and ends up in deep ocean, the rest of the episode he is struggling to get back home, but his only way back is by the bus which doesn't come back until the morning. Through out the night Spongebob is victimized by some scary shit. The message in this one is don't take the wrong bus into bad neighborhoods unless you know what you're up to.) The episodes dynamics is to have a simple goal for the main character to strive for, but he/she tries many different(Often stupid) ways to get it. Simple, yet not as simple as one might worry. In the episode i mentioned it deals alot with the common fears of a bad neighborhood, but it shows this threw enviroment, characters, and the situition(the bus doesn't come back until morning.)

This brings me to my episode ideas. The first is spongebob trying to help patrick move furniture into his house. The only issue i'm having with this one is the situation doesn't change, it keeps repeating itself. Which is good for like..Three minutes of the episode. But simple elements could be added to add more obstacles for Patrick and spongebob. My other episode(I have to do two because one full episode consists of two mini episodes.) Involves Mr.Crabs getting addicted to a video game and spongebob takes it into his own hands to get him back to working. In this episode i think i need to add alot more situitions on how spongebob tries to get him off the computer. But this will eventually work itself out as I go threw the rewrites.

Time to make taco's and say my goodbyes to one of my roomates who is getting deported in a week for being mexican...

No comments:

Post a Comment